Visualization of Medication Histories
Patients suffering from chronic diseases often take several types of medication at the same time and over time the type and dosis of medication may change. For patient care, physicians need a good overview of medication status and development over time. A visualization of medication history should provide patient overview at a glance and also allow interactive exploration of details. For this it needs to combine a high data density with ease of use.
Design an interactive visualization for medication history and implement it as a Java widget using prefuse, D3 (Data-Driven Documents), Vega, or Vega-Lite . Evaluate the research prototype with test users.
Starting point(s) for research:
- Medicine Prescription Visualization by P.N.A. van der CORPUT, MASTER’S THESIS, Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- "Interactive Information Visualization to Explore and Query Electronic Health Records", Foundations and Trends in Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 5, issue 3, pp. 207-298, 02/2013
Information about D3 (Data-Driven Documents)
Information about Vega
Information about Vega-Lite
Information about prefuse:
• Explore the demos in the online gallery http://www.prefuse.org/gallery/
• Download the toolkit www.prefuse.org
• Have a overview on the Prefuse classes
• Run the demos that come with Prefuse download.
• Read the user's manual: http://www.prefuse.org/doc/manual/ especially the introduction.
• Read and try out tutorials:
Die Javadoc API Documentation: