Text & Document Visualization
Text and documents are unstructured or semi-structured data. What can Information Visualization provide to help users in understanding and gathering information from text and document collections?
This topics may be extended for a project or bachelor thesis designing, implementing, and evaluating interactive research prototype.
You should provide a systematic overview of existing approaches in scientific literature that use Information Visualization methods to understand and communicate data and information from text and document collections.
Starting point(s) for research:
- Marti A. Hearst. Search User Interfaces, Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Course Data Visuaization by Jeffrey Heer (Fall 2011); Computer Science Department; Stanford University
- Showers, T. Visualization Strategies: Text & Documents
- Collins, C. Interactive Visualizations of Natural Language, Ph.D. Dissertation at the University of Toronto, 2010
- Daniel Oelke's work about Visual Readability Analysis