Temporal Analysis for Social Networks
Social network analysis can be useful for understanding events, marketing opportunities, and even security.
Various scientific directions can be investigated:
- understanding the importance or centrality of a node in a network,
- understanding the connectivity and network robustness,
- understanding the network evolution over time,
- exploring network comparison and their meanings, and
- identifying relationships by pattern finding.
The design, development, and evaluation of information visualization or Visual Analytics techniques to explore social networks over time.
Topics: Information Visualization, Network Analysis, Time-oriented Data, User Interface Design, Visual Analytics
Starting points for research:
- "A Visual Analytics Approach to Dynamic Social Networks", Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies (i-KNOW), Special Track on Theory and Applications of Visual Analytics (TAVA), Graz, Austria, ACM, pp. 47:1–47:8, 2011.
- "Visualization of Time-Oriented Data", Human-Computer Interaction, 1st, London, UK, Springer Verlag, pp. 286, 2011.
Preferable development environments:
- D3 (https://d3js.org/)
- Angular (https://angular.io/)
- Git (https://github.com/)
Scope:SE BA PR MA
Contact:Roger Almeida Leite
Area:Information Visualization (IV)