I'm a scientific researcher at the Visual Analytics group, Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology (E193), TU Wien.
Visual Analytics & Information Visualization:
- Data quality
- Uncertainty & uncertain data
- Time-oriented data
- Guidance for VA
I'm fascinated by the power and beauty of Information Visualization. My work gives me the chance to devise new ways of making complex information both easily graspable and aesthetically appealing.
In my spare time I love photography and painting and though I'm very fond of my home town Vienna I love to travel to get inspired by different cultures.
- Winner of the Image Contest at the 9th EG Workshop on Visual Computing for Biology and Medicine (VCBM 2019): 'Microtubule Catastrophe' Peter Mindek, Tobias Klein, Ludovic Autin, Theresia Gschwandtner [image]
- Winner of the Visual Data Storytelling Contest at the IEEE PacificVis 2019: 'Of Catastrophes and Rescues: Making the Invisible Visible' Peter Mindek, Tobias Klein, Ludovic Autin, Haichao Miao, Theresia Gschwandtner [video]
- Best Short Paper Award at the 10th International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction (VINCI 2017): 'Visual Support for Rastering of Unequally Spaced Time Series' Christian Bors, Markus Bögl, Theresia Gschwandtner, Silvia Miksch [video]
- Best Poster Award at the IEEE Conference on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST) 2015: 'Visually and Statistically Guided Imputation of Missing Values in Univariate Seasonal Time Series' Markus Bögl, Wolfgang Aigner, Peter Filzmoser, Theresia Gschwandtner, Tim Lammarsch, Silvia Miksch, Alexander Rind [video]
- Poster Award Sponsored by Bank Austria at the Epilog SS2010 of the Faculty of Informatics, Vienna University of Technology: 'Information Requisition is the Core of Guideline-Based Medical Care: Which Information is Needed for Whom?' Theresia Gschwandtner [poster]