Visual analytics of clinical data and treatment processes for cohorts
Providing new visual analytics techniques for the discovery of new clinical knowledge and the improvement of clinical treatments is a key factor to reduce healthcare costs, reduce the risks to the patients, increase compliance to clinical guidelines, and increase patients' satisfaction.
The candidate will focus on challenges of time-oriented data in Visual Analytics for healthcare, in particular:
- Intertwining Patient Condition with Treatment Processes.
- Scalable Analysis from Single Patients to Cohorts.
Jürgen Unger, Visual Analytics of Clinical Data and Treatment Processes for Cohorts, TU Wien, 2014.
The research prototytpe will be developed by using prefuse. More info:
- InfoVis:Wiki http://www.infovis-wiki.net/index.php?title=Prefuse
- Explore the demos in the online gallery http://www.prefuse.org/gallery/
- Download the toolkit https://github.com/prefuse/Prefuse
- Have a overview on the Prefuse classes http://prefuse.org/doc/api/
- Run the demos that come with Prefuse download.
- Read the user's manual: http://www.prefuse.org/doc/manual/ especially the introduction.
- Read and try out tutorials:
The clinical guidelines are represented by Asbru. More info:
- overview of the asbru language: http://www.asgaard.tuwien.ac.at/plan_representation/asbru_doc.html
- syntax specification: http://www.asgaard.tuwien.ac.at/plan_representation/asbrusyntax.html
- example protocols: http://www.asgaard.tuwien.ac.at/plan_representation/protocols.html